The Cranfield Manufacturing Consultancy delivers exceptional value for manufacturers and operators
Through-life Engineering Services (TES) maximise lifetime value for products, assets and infrastructure. TES make manufacturers more responsive and competitive, and give operators substantial savings and assured performance:
- Reduced costs
- Agility in production and ongoing operation
- Extended lifecycles
- Assured availability and safety
- Sustainable use and re-use
The Cranfield Manufacturing Consultancy enables manufacturers and operators to take advantage of the potential of TES. We combine expertise in business and change management with Cranfield’s world class research and education capability to:
- Transform thinking and business practices needed to take advantage of the potential of TES; and
- Deliver specific TES improvements, targeting key opportunities.
Increasingly, manufacturers and operators are involved in delivering end-user services based on assured availability of products, assets and infrastructure throughout their lifecycles.
- Rolls-Royce’s “power by the hour” TotalCare offering transformed the engine services landscape by tying maintenance costs to usage and reliability.
- Babcock provides through-life engineering support for warships and submarines at all stages of the procurement, operation and disposal cycle, working in integrated teams with clients.
- BAE Systems is responsible for delivering Typhoon aircrew and ground crew training and maintenance of the aircraft, along with providing technical support and managing spares, repairs and logistics.
- Bombardier’s support of London’s train operators during the Olympics resulted in record levels of availability and helped Bombardier to the National Transport Award 2013 for supplier of the year.
To be successful, businesses must change fundamentally the way they think about service value and cost, about and about their behaviour as suppliers and buyers in an interconnected international market. The Cranfield Manufacturing Consultancy team brings together the business and academic expertise to drive best practice and long term benefits founded on our world class research with market-leading partners.
Cranfield Manufacturing Consultancy can deliver exceptional benefits for manufacturers and operators
Example: Digital TES Roadmapping
Example: Evidence-based reduction of No Fault Found at BAE Systems
“There is a significant opportunity to be grasped, and we expect the winners in the field to be the early adopters who move to seize the opportunity quickly”
Professor Rajkumar Roy
Director, EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Through-life Engineering Services
and Director of Manufacturing, Cranfield University
The Cranfield Manufacturing Consultancy
Cranfield Engineering Innovations Limited
School of Aerospace, Transport and Manufacturing
Building 30, Cranfield University, Cranfield MK43 0AL, United Kingdom
T: +44 (0)1234 754031 W: www.cranfieldmanufacturing.com